On-time Registration Deadline for Spring 2024 is January 16
Age Group Policy/Rules
Formation of MSI Classic teams in age groups will be based upon the US Soccer guidelines, with an allowance made to facilitate most “same-grade” players to continue playing with their classmates. For detailed information, click here.
General Registration Information (please review prior to registering your team!)
On-time deadline to register for the Spring season is January 16, 2024. After this date, all teams will incur a $100 late fee ($103 by credit card). Pricing listed is per team, per season. Individual player fees are decided by each team.
- U9 – U10: $1,780
- U11 – U12: $2,060
- U13 – U14: $2,540
- U15 – U19: $2,630
Price is per team, per season based on paying by check. Add additional 3.65% for credit card transaction fees or 1.9% bank transfer fees
IMPORTANT NOTES (Regarding Deadlines, Fees, and Carding of Players)
Fees have increased an average of 6% from the previous year to help MSI cover inflationary increases in fixed costs. The registration fees cover the following:
- Fields for 8 games per season, at least 75% on turf or high-quality grass venues
- Referee fees
- Player passes – NEW for 2023/2024 – no additional carding fees
- Reduced rate for practice field space
- Game scheduling
- NEW for 2023/2024 – team scheduling app through our new registration provider, League Apps
- NEW for 2023/2024 – access to The Coaching Manual or Mojo coaching resources
- NEW for 2023/2024 – access to player and coaches clinics and coaching education
- MSI hosted official US Soccer coaching license courses
- NEW for 2023/2024 – access to MSI coaches for team training sessions
Timely registration and fee payment for teams is critical for divisional planning and game scheduling purposes. Please be considerate of the other teams and register and submit fee payment on time. Registration and payment of fees after the payment deadline will be assessed a $100 late fee ($103 by credit card). Once the registration/payment deadline has passed, there are no refunds provided.
Unlike the Rec or Travel Programs, players do not register directly through the MSI Office for participation in the Classic League. After trying out for, and being selected to play for a Classic team, players are registered through an invite by the team’s coach/manager. Payment is made separately with the team treasurer.
New Teams and New Team Manager or Coach
You are required to attend a new team training. This will be held via Zoom 2-3 times prior to the start of the season. Dates and registration details will be posted here.
Classic Coach Requirements
MSI requires all Classic coaches to have completed at least one in-person module of the US Soccer Grassroots coaching license. Coaches will have a one-season grace period to acquire their license. MSI will host these courses throughout the year. Click here to find out the next available course.
Player Registration Links
Players must be invited to join a Classic team through the online team roster invite. The parent of the player will receive an invitation from the team though an email invitation. This will trigger the registration of the parents and player, and connect you with your team. You will need to upload a headshot of the player (full face, no hat or sunglasses, no other people in the photo) and proof of age (passport or birth certificate).
Adult Officials Registration
Adults must be invited to join a Classic team through the online team roster invite. All head coaches, managers and assistant coaches who will be carded officials for their team must be invited and complete the registration process. ALL teams MUST have two or three adults carded to the team. These roles should be Head Coach and Team Manager + optional assistant coach or assistant manager. In addition, all carded adults must have completed the MSYSA required trainings.
Team Requirements Timeline
- Invite Players and Adults to join your Team/Roster
- Order Team Uniforms from Rockville Soccer
- Attend coaching course
- Attend new team /new coach or manager administrative training meeting
- View your official Team Roster, to see which players have completed their registration
- Rostered adults complete annually required Concussion, Safe Sport and Background Checks in GotSport
- Enter your Player Jersey Numbers
- Print a Player Emergency Contact list to have on site at practices and games
- Print your Official Team Roster to present to referees on game day (after your team Registrar has verified your players/activated your team)