Health and Nutrition Resources
- Important Concussion Information for Coaches and Parents
- Heading Policy Statement (mandated by US Soccer)
COVID-19 Return to Play Protocol
UPDATE Friday, March 26, 2021: COVID Protocol Addendum — Game Rules Change Modifications
UPDATE Monday, January 4, 2021: COVID Protocol Addendum – Travel Outside of the Area
In accordance with the current state of Maryland travel order guidance (12/17/2020) the following restrictions are in place for individuals who travel outside the state:
- Players that have traveled outside of our immediate area are prohibited from participating in any MSI related activities. This includes all games, practices, clinics, or any other events.
- The following states are exempt from the requirement: Maryland, Virginia, Washington DC, West Virginia, Delaware, and Pennsylvania
- If you travel outside of these states you must either obtain a negative COVID-19 test result or quarantine for a period of 10 days where you are completely symptom free.
Please bear in mind that COVID symptoms may not be that different from other illnesses. Please see MSI’s complete COVID Protocol document below for detailed information.
MSI Return to Play Guidelines, version 3.1 (updated December 18, 2020)
The above-document provides broad guidance that is consistent with the most up-to-date guidance by Montgomery County health officials. Note that the biggest change is the prohibition of spectators (including parents/guardians) from team activities. It includes such things as:
- Parent, Coach, and Player Responsibilities
- Game Day Logistics
- Facility-Specific Information (to guide your game-day experience at various locations that have different rules)
- Modifications to Game Rules
- Exposure or Illness Protocol