Summer Pick-Up “King’s League-Inspired”
Our King’s League and Ball Mastery Program focuses on game scenarios by introducing a new king’s league- inspired format. Players work on ball mastery and then break off into small group play with rules that differ from traditional football regulations to keep player engagement high, such as tie-breaker penalty shootout, the allowance of handballs for throw-ins, unlimited substitutions, and the implementation of secret weapons.
Register HERE to join.
Location: Julius West MS
Days: Tuesday Evenings -6 Sessions (June 20, 27 July 11, 18, 25, and August 1-No session July 4)
Thursday Evenings- 6 Sessions (June 22, 29, July 13, 20, 27, August 3-No session July 6)
Age Groups: U8-U17 (Players are placed on age and appropriate level of play)
Our King’s League- Inspired Alternate Rules:
Format – small-sided play (i.e. 3v3 or 4v4)
- In the event of a tie, the winner of each match is decided by a penalty shootout from midfield (5-second limit).
- In King’s League, we don’t play offsides.
- Throw-ins are done by hand.
- Player subs during the match are unlimited.
- Yellow card is a 1-minute suspension; Red card is the expulsion of the offending player, and the team plays down for 3 minutes. After 3 minutes a sub may enter.
- For the kick-off, the ball is placed at the center of the field, and the players start from the end line of their own goal.
- The matches are in 2 parts-10 minutes each half.
- Before the last 2 minutes of the first half, dice is rolled to determine the format for the last two minutes of the half. A roll of 1 will mean a 1v1 format, a roll of 2 will mean a 2v2 format, etc.
- A ball that crosses the line in the air, and comes back into play before hitting the ground, should be inbounds.
- At the beginning of the game, the king’s cards are shuffled and dealt to the respective team captains. Each team is allowed two cards, chosen at random, that contains a power-up that can be used during play to strengthen your team and can be used at any time during game play.
These cards include:
#1 Card-Shootout a Penalty (from center)
#2 Card-Exclusion of a rival player for 2 minutes
#3 Card-Double Goal for 2 minutes
#4 Card-Wildcard (Joker)
#5 Card-Card Theft
#6 Card-Add One minute to the end of the game
#7 Card-Add an extra player for 2 minutes