MSI Cherry Blossom Classic
The 2023 Cherry Blossom Classic will be held March 17-19, 2023, providing MSI teams with a terrific opportunity to tune up for the spring season. All games will be played on lighted, synthetic turf fields in Montgomery County. With the season starting the following weekend and limited opportunity to practice beforehand, this is a must to get three pre-season, practice games in for your team!
Click here to see accepted teams, jersey colors, and brackets. The home team changes if colors clash.
|3rd Grade – Updated 3.13.23|
|U10 – Updated 3.18.23|
|U14/15 – Updated 3.16.23|
|U15 and older|
To register your team, log in to your account at www.msisoccer.org, click on “Volunteer” and then click on “Find Volunteer Roles”. You will then see an option for “2023 Cherry Blossom”. Choose the appropriate division and enter your team information.
Please DO NOT invite players to your team/roster, even if the system asks you to! Registration is for teams only, not individuals.
Important Dates and Information
- Monday, January 30 – Online registration will be available for teams (participation is limited to MSI teams only)
- Wednesday, February 22 – registration deadline (after that date, teams will be accepted on a “space available” basis, only)
- Friday, March 10 (or sooner) – Cherry Blossom schedules posted
- Friday, March 17 – Sunday, March 19 – Cherry Blossom Festival takes place
- 3rd Grade -U12/6th Grade: $340 per team (if paying with check, “on time”; pay by check option will not be available past the registration deadline)
- U13/7th Grade -U19: $425 per team (if paying with check, “on time”; pay by check option will not be available past the registration deadline)
Credit Card payments will include an additional 3% transaction fee
For Rules and Regulations, click here
All teams will play 3 games “festival style” (i.e., no standings are kept), all with 25-minute halves. Intended dimensions of play at this time:
- Grade 3/4 & U10: 7v7
- Grade 5-6 /U11-U12: 9v9
- Grade 7 /U13 and above: 11v11
The exact age bracket of divisions will be determined based on the number of teams registering, but will not be combined with more than one year older. All teams will play three, 50 minutes games over the weekend. Some games may be played on Friday evening.
If you have any questions about MSI’s Cherry Blossom Classic, please email Classic@msisoccer.org
Refund Policy: if the festival must be canceled in its entirety, full refunds will be provided. If teams play at least one game, no refunds will be provided (recognizing that there are many fixed costs associated with the event).
Learn more about the History and Values of MSI Soccer Inc.